The appellate court issued a last-minute order staying the 30 day jail sentence for contempt of court, as reported yesterday. The judges did not say why they ordered the stay. Trudeau said he was exercising his free speech rights in having his supporters clog the court’s email. Hmm, let’s see. Monday when I go to court maybe I should have Your Friend The Lawyer’s Wife call the judge and tell him what a great guy I am and he should rule in my favor. Free speech.
- Employer Non-Compete Covenants: Illinois Supreme Court Clears Up Confusion on Legal Test
- Frivolous Lawsuits? How About Frivolous Defenses?
- Big Firm Lawyer "Bilks" Small Town, Evicted Janitor Cleans Up After Foreclosing Bank’s CEO, and Cook County Clerk Discovers Email
- Appellate Court Today: How Much Can Doctors Charge for Testifying About Care of Patients?
- Got Your Groupon for Some Coupons? Law Firm Files Class Action Claiming Coupons Illegally Expire